Monday, October 10, 2016

West Seattleites Combat Climate Change!

Hi Neighbors,


I was reminded while reading Democracy Now! that one of the biggest problems facing our world right now is climate change. Bill McKibbon, founder of 350.org said we really need to have a WWII-like mobilization in order to fight this major crisis of our time. We need to think beyond our first world reality and start thinking globally on how our consumption affects the rest of the world. I wanted to propose a neighborhood site where people could blog about what they are doing as individuals and families to combat climate change. The goal of this blog is a grassroots effort to help us support and inspire each other as we tackle this problem that faces us and future generations.




I would like to shoot for a weekly blogpost by fellow neighbors. If you are interested in writing a blog on what you are currently doing to combat climate change, please contact me and I will publish your post.




Thanks,
Your neighbor, Rose



No comments:

Post a Comment